What to Wear to an Interview | Women
You've done your company research and you've spent hours perfecting a firm handshake, so now you have to find the best job interview outfit. Finding the right interview outfit can be complicated, but the most important thing to keep in mind is looking presentable and professional.
What to keep in mind when you're styling yourself for an interview:
- What is the company environment like?
- Be aware of the company's industry. Startups are usually more casual and bigger companies can range from business casual to formal, but never assume you can wear something because the company is in a certain industry.
- What position/role are you wearing? Does your outfit say intern? Manager? CEO?
- For a graphic design position, a bold striped blouse is a fitting option. For a position higher up, like CFO or CEO, then a classic power suit is the way to go.
- Does your outfit fit your personality?
- Add a pop of color to a more basic interview outfit. If you're super feminine and want to wear a pair of statement earrings with a white lace blouse, go for it! Don't feel like wearing all black is the interview outfit norm.
- Are you comfortable?
- Try your outfit on the day before your interview; if it's too restricting, you'll have time to shop for something new. If you realize your blouse untucks from your pants every time you pick up your work tote from the ground, it might be time to add a blazer. Feet hurting after 10 minutes of walking around in pumps? Stylish flats are always an option, too.
If you need some inspiration, shop our 10 interview outfits below. It's time to dress for success, feel confident, and secure yourself a job.