There's a reason The Office was such a popular show and Office Space is one of the most oft-quoted movies — there is just something universally relatable about suffering through the outrageous antics and irritating habits of co-workers. Perhaps this is why the hashtag #ThingsAnnoyingCoworkersDo is being so feverishly wielded on Twitter — the working people have a lot to get off their chests.
Scrolling through tweets with #ThingsAnnoyingCoworkersDo, there are some striking repeated themes. Mainly:
- Talking too much/interrupting/telling unsolicited stories. (Though there is now a way to easily "nope" out of a work conversation!)
- Heating up or eating stinky food.
- Eating food that doesn't belong to them.
- Violating bathroom etiquette rules.
- Taking credit unfairly.
- Acting like the boss/pulling rank when there's no rank to pull.
Keep scrolling for some of the funniest ways workers are airing their frustrations via #ThingsAnnoyingCoworkersDo.
— Jesse Kelly (@JesseKellyDC) March 29, 2017
Hey, I see you have your headphones on. Can I bother you for a second? #ThingsAnnoyingCoworkersDo
— Sir Lawrence (@Mr_Progress) March 29, 2017
— MatMonkey (@matmonkey89) March 29, 2017
— WeThePeople (@jaxamillion5) March 29, 2017
— ForbiddynFruit (@ForbiddynFruit) March 29, 2017
— M I R A N D A (@MirandaRuns) March 29, 2017
— Jay DJ (@realJayDJ) March 29, 2017
— Christine Thomsen (@JayYes221) March 29, 2017
— The Frozen Foodie (@thefrozenfoodie) March 29, 2017