Hitting 30 is a milestone, and by now, you probably have a number of years of work experience under your belt. You experienced a big transitional stage in your 20s as you moved up the ranks from intern to, possibly, a position that manages interns. Time sure passes by quickly — here are some milestones you've probably achieved in the past decade.
1. Been the overenthusiastic intern
2. Mentored an overenthusiastic intern
Did I really look like that?
3. Gotten used to receiving compliments
Keep 'em coming.
4. Gotten used to receiving criticism
5. Argued your case for a promotion or raise. Remember: you don't get it if you don't ask
6. Struggled over adding co-workers on Facebook
To add or not to add . . .
7. Had a win at work that made you feel like this
8. Felt the sting of a job rejection
Ouch. But you got up and bounced back.
9. Created a résumé that's not padded
Yep, taking Microsoft Word off your résumé was a good call.
10. Figured out the mysterious 401(k) speak